Saturday, May 30, 2009

Transplant B, Day +3: Temporary white spike...

Just like last time. The urging of the Neupogen shot made what's left of my poor dying bone marrow give up its white cells, and my WBC is now in the 5.X range. That should mean that tomorrow or at the latest Monday will be the huge crash, which is the necessary rite of passage to new cancer-free bone marrow, so we're on the right track.

Everything else was good today -- didn't need platelets and my electrolytes (Potassium, Magnesium, etc.) were all in balance. We were in and out of the 7th floor in half an hour (they called later with lab results since the lab was behind and they didn't want me to have to wait).

I took a two hour nap in the late afternoon and that seems to have helped with energy. I've lost 10 pounds of water-weight...still have another 10 to go. Eating like a horse so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get rid of simply by processing water, but hopefully I'll get back to where I was before the Dex took hold.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Nick,
    I had an hour to catch up on a lot of your blog. Well done, and you are a brave man with great endurance. Keep up the awesome job! You make me proud and I find myself admiring your ability to pinpoint every little detail memorized in that fantastic brain of yours. You also brought me to tears as well as gut laughing so hard my family rushed in from the other room to see what they were missing. May you continue to drain with urgency as you expell a great big ahhhhhhhhhh!! I can relate to the bloating myself and it's damn right, down right crappy uncomfortable. This happened when I was taking my radiation and they had me go 6 weeks without any Thyroid pills. I was the size of a male long horn steer by the time they decided I had had enough. I could not even walk. My tongue was so swollen I could not even be understood by most everyone around me. It was pure hell.

    You are a hero to so many Nick and your little cutie patooties can't wait to have Daddy home. Keep truckin Big Buddy.

    That picture of that bloated man had me laughing sooooooo hard and you're a damn funny dude Nick. We are so blessed that you can make us giggle even in life's precarious situations. That is just one of the many talents you possess.

    Love Diane

    Oh ,can you tell Jill I intend to still send my package. The item just took longer than I thought. Thanks

    ReplyDelete