Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The future of this blog...

Just a very quick note. The end of my primary therapy does not mean the end of this blog. Far from it.

After the end of this week, I will probably post with less frequency. There won't be daily labs, for one thing. My primary therapy is over and my side effects will hopefully dwindle away. And you are probably all getting sick of me anyway. :)

However, I won't be abandoning this blog! I will be posting ongoing updates as I progress through maintenance therapy, my future testing, my visits back to see BB, etc. Perhaps updates will be bi-weekly or weekly rather than multiple times a week, but they weill be there! Meanwhile I have been asked by three separate cancer websites to be a contributor and I am working through the details of that. I'll post some material on those sites and they will direct back here for more information. More importantly, I have some ideas about how to make this blog more readily available to people with a new Myeloma diagnosis.

I want to thank, again, each and every one of you that reads this. I have been very fortunate to have been contacted by many of you, and many others who don't comment here, and I know that by telling my story, people have found information about their disease, perspectives on treatments, insight on side effects, and one or two laughs along the way. I'm not solving world hunger here but in a very small way I think I have been able to help some people with this disease, and it is tremendously gratifying to do so. I am blessed and very thankful for the opportunity to do so.

Okay. Ninety minutes to go before I was supposed to get up this morning in preparation for my surgery. I think I'll try to get a little more sleep before the alarm. Nighty night!

2 comments:

  1. Nick,
    It has been a privilege to follow your myeloma journey through your blog. You have reached out to many in an unselfish and articulate manner.
    Glad to hear it will not be the end of your blog.
    Time to get back to "normal" and rediscover Nick! Be aware of the "what do I do now" syndrome.
    Good health my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have also enjoyed following along with you during this time...we wish you continued health and wellbeing and look forward to more 'postings'.
    Sincere Regards Susie Hemingway Moursi and Hamada Moursi UK.

    ReplyDelete