Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Where has the time gone??? Also, 4 is better than 2 + 2.

Sorry to have vanished here, folks.  Work flared up and I also found myself traveling to London for about a week, which was delightful other than the fact that I found myself working my normal 12 hour day on London time, followed by demanding calls from my boss in California that had me at it another 6 hours or so.  It was a pretty rough stretch but I did manage to see some friends, have some nice meals, and walk around one of my favorite cities.  The weather was great -- about 65 degrees (fahrenheit) and mostly sunny.

Anyhow, I'm back now, and will try to contribute with a bit more regularity!

I did want to point out that I made the switch -- inadvertently, due to running out of the large 500mg pills -- to 250mg pills of magnesium.  I take four of these, rather than two of the big ones.  They're the size of a plain ol' vitamin C pill versus the horse pills that are the 500mg versions.

The results on the GI tract appear to be a bit less extreme than the 500mg versions, so that's a good discovery and something to keep in mind.

In mojo news, I endured a particularly painful shot of testosterone in the gluteus maximus that stung like a mofo (not to be confused with mojo) for about ten days.  I had the residual ache from the bone marrow on the left side, and the sting from the shot (a first, after five months of no-big-dealness) on the right.  I felt like I needed one of those inflatable butt cushions to sit on.  The bigger issue was sleeping -- couldn't lie down on either side or roll over at all without it hurting.

Fortunately, it went away.  But today I have to go see the urologist again for another shot.  Even worse, I have to consult with him since its been six months.  "Consult with urologist" is a polite way of saying something probative (in the biological sense) is probably going to happen.  Gulp.

I also have purchased, but not yet taken, this Maca root stuff.  I'll ask the doctor about that today and hope to dissuade him from other aspects of the exam.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Nick. Great to see you back. Not sure you're thinking through the " .. hope to dissuade him from other aspects of the exam." It may be the most action you get/got for some time now.

    Just saying .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that you are living a more normal life after all the challenges you faced... my relative is getting back to a more normal - too much work - lifestyle too. So for those reading this after discovering they have, or someone they love has, MM, there is hope after a lot of hard work and attention to details... don't give up and consider several options.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i’ve been an interested lurker for awhile, but just had to pop in to wonder why your wifey can’t give you the shots. i gave my husband testosterone shots for quite a while before he switched to the gel. easy peasy. i did recently hear that the pellet is a new form of delivery....hubby has yet to try it, but it’s first on the list to discuss with regular physician (he’s only now going into the pre stem cell harvesting testing/screening phase). just random thoughts...

    ReplyDelete